Re: When does VPN arrive?

Hi,

Is there any plan for a VPN API (similar to VPNService
<https://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/VpnService.html> in
android and new NetworkExtension API
<https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkExtension/Reference/Network_Extension_Framework_Reference/>
in
iOS) for VPN services that use protocols other than those provided in
Ubuntu?

Both APIs create a tun interface and route traffic based on what routing
rule the app sets to that tun device, and provide a file descriptor so that
app can read, modify and write IP packets.

They obviously ask user for permission the first time the app tries to set
up VPN and the next time after every time user disconnects from outside of
the app (from settings etc.)

They also offer a way to programatically set DNS for the time VPN service
is active.

Arash Badie Modiri