Re: System blocked by excessive time due to a bug when restarting

I am sorry. I was replying to the remitter and not to the list. My
answers all there.

El jue, 10-12-2015 a las 15:47 -0500, Michael Terry escribió:
> So...  I think the best bet is to enable wi-fi and reboot.  And hope
> that the time fixes itself from the internet this time.

I will try the time update connecting to Internet via WIFI but my time
configuration is set as manual so I think that the time will not update.

> I don't know why your ntp time would be so broken there.

Really, the restarting process (shutdown) was too slow and I forced the
power off (using the power button). I think the time was broken there.

That is to say:
1- I requested the restart process from ubuntu widget.
2- The shutdown was too slow (the black screen seemed a freeze process)
and I forced the power off (holding the power button during few seconds)
3- I turn on the phone and the time is broken there.

> But I'll start working on a fix for your bug #3.

I think it is a good solution to avoid similar cases.

> Worst case you have to factory reset....

Yes, I think it as well :-(

Maybe a time update from adb?

--
Lic. Camilo Ernesto Blanco Peña
Programador de equipos de cómputo

Móvil/Mobile: +5358135084

Calzada B. Unidad 117. #18.
Reparto Lenin, Ciudad Camagüey
Camagüey 5, Camagüey - Cuba CP: 70500

Registro en Cuba/Registered in Cuba: 478901