Re: Ubuntu Touch and Smart Watches

On 26/12/15 00:17, Michael Zanetti wrote:
And will it work with my generic
>watch?
No.

>If not is there anything that can be done to encourage two way
>communication between the watch and phone?
I would require writing something like Rockwork, suited for your watch
model, probably something AndroidWear compatible.
Why oh why don't people design these things to some sort of standard? So if this is the case is this the sort of device we are likely to see near universal support emerging for in the future? I mean I'm used to just being able to buy any device and have it work automatically without any effort (touchscreen, printer, webcam, soundcard etc). Or is there some major challenge to auto identifying smart watches and dealing with them?

Unfortunately writing the required code for my watch is far beyond my abilities.

On a side note it has virtually destroyed my phone. With bluetooth turned off it now routes all calls to bluetooth as default and most people have hung up by the time I manage to sort it. Bring on the new bluetooth stuff!! Can't wait.