Re: Interested in writing Ubuntu Phone development tutorials?

Hi Chris,

On 1 February 2016 at 13:28, Chris Ward <chris.ward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I apologise if this is considered ‘spammy’ in anyway, but I was recommended
> to post to the list by an Ubuntu team member so…

Seems reasonable to me :)

> I have always loved the concept of Ubuntu Phone and edit the mobile channel
> of SitePoint (sitepoint.com/mobile), we had an article a few months ago on
> Ubuntu Phone UX and it was surprisingly popular and I’d love to follow it up
> with some more development focussed articles.

I think this is a great idea. We have our "Canonical" development
guides and documentation over at http://developer.ubuntu.com/ of
course, but I'd personally love to see more 3rd party sites curating
high quality content for developers. We may even link off-site from
developer.u.c if those articles are current, well written and
accurate. We certainly could do with more developer perspective
written tutorials, how-to video tutorials or live code video sessions.
I'm sure others have wishlists of articles they'd like to see too.

> We pay for contributions and your work gets a lot of exposure, if this
> interests you then please send me an email.

Thanks for letting us know. I'd not have known about your site had you
not mentioned it.
--
Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ubuntu.com/