Re: GPS

On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Marek Greško <mgresko8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would prefer to have control over gps, whether it is ever user or not. I
> understand your reasoning, but what if I want to start mapping application
> without gps starting? I just want to search the map, not to navigate and
> drain battery.

There are two aspects to this problem:

(1.) The system should clearly indicate the status of the positioning
engine. We are in the progress of surfacing the status more clearly.
(2.) The respective application you are using should not use the
positioning engine until it actually has to. As Pat pointed out, you
can completely
switch off the positioning engine to prevent buggy apps from accessing
the engine without a real need.

Cheers,

  Thomas