Re: How add custom item to system indicator (network)

W dniu 12.02.2016 o 00:33, Peter Bittner pisze:
> I've found out today that accessing the phone via SSH from a (desktop)
> computer is pretty easy, finally. No need for developer-grade tools
> like adb shell, etc. [1]
>
> To make the solution more user-friendly I'd like to integrate a toggle
> option in the phone's Network indicator. Right above or below the
> "Hotspot" option there could be an "Allow SSH/SFTP Access" toggle
> option. This would be a nice, easily reachable, intuitive place to
> enable, disable and check for the status of the SSH service on the
> phone (and maybe display the phone's IP address or a gear button to
> reach some Settings or instructions page).
>
> Is it possible somehow by a user application to hook into the network
> indicator to do just that? If yes, links to documentation would be
> appreciated.

Not possible, and I don't think it's planned to allow that currently. It
is also quite an esoteric use case for the general user, and you can
easily use the terminal app to reach the same, as well as add some
snippets to the terminal app shortcuts.

IP address will obviously be displayed somewhere, at some point. Today
you could have an app doing that, similar to what WifiTranfer [1] app does.

[1] https://uappexplorer.com/app/wifitransfer.sil

HTH,
--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>