Re: Outgoing call makes phone freeze

Hi Victor

On 09.03.2016 07:47, Vic G wrote:
> It could be related to the proximity sensor. I know for sure it is
> causing freezings to customers because they come to BQ support saying
> that the phone got stuck due to notifications and phone calls, this is
> possibly triggered by this bug:
>
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1531167>https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1531167
>
> It has been re-targeted from OTA10 to OTA11.

I thin this is the same as I reported lately?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1542542

However, you suggest the proximity sensor should not be enabled at all.
The issue with that is that it would light up the screen if you received
a message when the phone is in your pocket. This leads to more battery
consumption and increased risk of unlocking the device in your pocket
(or entering the pin wrong 10 times in a row and locking the device down).
I think the proximity sensor does add some value here and it makes sense
to have it enabled, but IMO its logic needs to be tuned a bit more so
that it behaves more clever than it does currently. Would you agree? If
so, I guess we should mark your bug report as duplicate of mine?

Best regards,
Michael