Re: SDK planning

Hi all

>> In addition to improving the components we will check out the most
critical core applications and consult with their developers on how to get
the most out of the UITK

Yes, I want to discuss few things. General advice is to make SDK more
stable and universal. Current situation - step to the left step to the
right (Russian idiom, I hope you can understand me) leads to very
unpredictable behaviour, which is different from release to release.

A lot of logic is implemented in QML and very frequently code looks strange
(like workaround). SDK development requires *deep understanding* of
technologies and best practices. Code is not signalling about this.

Next thing I want to discuss - API. API author should *foresee *all use
cases of his library/component, provide minimum set of methods with *very
predictable behaviour*. On practice with Ubuntu SDK - every time I want to
use new SDK components, I am struggling with it, and only my mate
Stefano Verzegnassi knows how angry I become. Make it more programmer
friendly, *please*!

: