Re: SDK planning

Hi Zoltan,

- Case 1: Document Viewer
Before migrating DocViewer to UITK 1.2, there was a list and a grid
view with all the documents on the device.
We were using the "MultipleSelectionListView" component, taken from
address-book-app, and we did some change in order to have an
equivalent for grid view.

There has been two problems then:
1) New ListItem API is different than the MultipleSelectionListView
one (e.g. "selectedItems" vs "ViewItems.selectedIndices")
2) No UI guideline was available for those apps which were trying to
implement a card view.

We decided then to drop the grid view, waiting for a component which
would have allowed us to support the two different view modes without
two different codes.

- Case 2: File Manager
Another use case would be the file-manager-app. Currently it does not
provide any support for multiple selection of items, and the grid view
suffers of a massive lack of features.
Moreover, it is still using the old "ListItemWithActions" component. A
common API for list and grid views would help the app maintainers to
stay in sync with the latest SDK version.

- Styling
I guess this new component should not implement any style by default.
The two examples above would require similar features but different styles.

It would be nice if we have an AbstractCardView component, and several
CardLayout(s) in order to implement those layouts that have been
approved by the UX team.
One of these layouts could look as follow: (just a prototype I did
some months ago, based on the new Scopes Toolkit design)
https://imgur.com/xH1RlDM

Cheers,
Stefano