Re: E5 OOB exerience

> The big question for me is this. You were obviously running the system with quite old software, the OTA update has resolved that now. So, you are assessing the system as it is today based on an experience with out of date code. Is it still the same after the update?

Well, let’s see…

USB transfer is still unusable. It might be a VMWare problem, which I’ll verify when I get back from holidays.

The phone still is set to the wrong time zone.

The language and units are still tied together, so I can have either US English and Fahrenheit, or Australian English and Celsius. But US English and Celsius is impossible.

It tried to reproduce the issue with entering the Wifi password.

So, I went to the Settings up and said “Forget this network” to get rid of the current connection.

After doing that, I figured I can re-connect and re-enter the password. No joy.

Now the settings up shows me “Previous Networks” and “Connect to hidden network…”. (My network is not hidden.) When I tap on “Previous networks”, I get a completely blank page. (Why does it invite my to look at previous networks when there aren’t any?) No wifi networks are shown at all now, even though there are several around.

Pulling down on the network indicator has the same problems. It doesn’t offer me any networks I could connect to.

I suppose the next step will be to reboot to see whether that changes anything.

See what I mean when I say that this far from ready?

I haven’t even tried to use the phone in earnest yet, and I’ve run into six separate problem by now, all within an hour or so.

Michi.