Re: E5 OOB exerience

> Pulling down on the network indicator has the same problems. It doesn’t offer me any networks I could connect to.
>
> I suppose the next step will be to reboot to see whether that changes anything.

Sure enough, after a reboot, I can see the available networks again. So, I made the mistake of disconnecting from my network and telling the phone to forget that network. Thereafter, I ended up in a state where the phone didn’t show me any wifi networks. (It did invite me to look at the previous networks though, even though there weren’t any.)

So, I figured, now that it’s shown, I’ll connect to my network again. So, I tap the name of my network in the list and get the little dialog to enter the network password. Because I’m trying to reproduce the earlier error with the on-screen keyboard, I tap “Show password”. Nothing happens. I tap “Show password” again. Still nothing happens. I tap “Show password” on the text instead of the tick box. Nothing. Then I madly stab at the tick box several times. Low and behold, it turns into a green tick, after considerable delay.

At this point, there is a blinking cursor in the text entry field for the password, but no OSK. I tap on the text box so I get the OSK. No OSK appears. I tap again. No OSK. Just brilliant.

I tap cancel to get back to the network list, and tap my network again. I tap the “Show password” tick box. No reaction. I tap it a second time. This time it turns green. I tap on the text entry field. No keyboard.

Rinse and repeat: This time, I tap on the network name, the password dialog appears, and I manage to turn on “Show password” on the very first tap. But I still can’t enter the password because it appears impossible to get the OSK to appear.

So, I return to the network list. In an attempt to reset things so I can try again, I tap the toggle to turn Wifi off. The list of networks goes empty, as expected. Then I tap the toggle again to turn wifi back on. The toggle turns green, as expected. But now, the network list is empty again, and there is no way to bring it back.

Time for another reboot.

Oh, wait, no. About two minutes later, just as I’m about to reboot, suddenly the network list appears. So, I again try to enter my network password. I can’t, because there is no keyboard.

So, I guess it’s a reflash now, with —bootstrap, in the hope that I’ll eventually get a keyboard.

This is ridiculous.

If I can produce this many bugs without even seriously trying in the first two hours after receiving the phone, I really wonder what’s going on during testing.

Let me put this very clearly: with this level of UI design and software reliability, we will lose 90% of all customers in the first day after purchase. This is a lot worse than just “not yet ready”. This is unusable.

Michi.