Re: Clear webapp cache

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:40 PM, Ferdinand Holzner
<ferdinandholzner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess due to security reasons it's not possible to create an app for this
> purpose? Would have been a nice practice project for me. :D

Indeed not, Ubuntu Touch’s security model means that an app cannot
access other apps’ data (including cache).

You might want to look into the OpenStore though, it allows publishing
apps with special permissions, for advanced users (see
http://notyetthere.org/openstore-tweakgeek-and-more/).

Alternatively, it might be a good idea to expose a way to do that from
the system settings app (under About>Storage I guess), I don’t know if
such a feature is planned or in the works, but if it is I’m sure your
help would be very appreciated. Take a look at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-system-settings if you’re interested in
contributing to the system settings app.

Cheers,

 Olivier