Re: Landing team 23.03.16

On 25 March 2016 at 00:35, Nathan Haines <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/24/2016 05:31 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
>>
>> On 24 March 2016 at 23:38, Nathan Haines <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm very disappointed that side-stage was removed from tablets.
>>

>> It wasn't removed. You're holding it wrong.
>

> Since Unity 8 forces landscape orientation on the Nexus 7 for the dash and
> previously side-staged apps are now full-screen in both landscape and
> portrait orientation, I rather doubt it!

AIUI the gestures and UX for it have been updated. You may not have
seen the new welcome wizard which explains the gestures, as you're on
an existing OTA-updated install?

e.g. http://i.imgur.com/pmqyG93.jpg (image from Daniel Wood)

If it's actually impossible to trigger side stage then that's a bug
and not intentionally removed.

--
Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ubuntu.com/