Re: Landing team 23.03.16

On 03/24/2016 05:57 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
AIUI the gestures and UX for it have been updated. You may not have
seen the new welcome wizard which explains the gestures, as you're on
an existing OTA-updated install?

e.g. http://i.imgur.com/pmqyG93.jpg (image from Daniel Wood)

If it's actually impossible to trigger side stage then that's a bug
and not intentionally removed.

The welcome wizard asks you to swipe left to reveal the Today scope, which of course doesn't ship on the Nexus 7 and isn't fully functional from the Ubuntu App Store anyway, and then dies. Maybe it decides to tell you about the indicator menu and sometimes not--I've seen it both ways after a complete reflash, and then is never seen again. It certainly never says anything about the side stage. Or the bottom edge, or the right edge.

In any case, I'm a fan of multitouch gestures.

On the bright side, the new OTB setup wizard is absolutely gorgeous. I want it on the desktop now. :)

Three-finger drag seems to be working, although I think the way apps stack there simply wouldn't work at all if the right-edge quick swap gesture were different. Luckily, it's quite usable.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/