Re: Landing team 23.03.16

On 03/24/2016 05:57 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 25 March 2016 at 00:35, Nathan Haines <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> It wasn't removed. You're holding it wrong.
>>
>> Since Unity 8 forces landscape orientation on the Nexus 7 for the dash and
>> previously side-staged apps are now full-screen in both landscape and
>> portrait orientation, I rather doubt it!
>>
> AIUI the gestures and UX for it have been updated. You may not have
> seen the new welcome wizard which explains the gestures, as you're on
> an existing OTA-updated install?
>
> e.g. http://i.imgur.com/pmqyG93.jpg (image from Daniel Wood)
>
> If it's actually impossible to trigger side stage then that's a bug
> and not intentionally removed.

I'm with Nathan. I can't get a side stage on Nexus 7. Even the System
Settings which used to naturally be on the side stage are now full
screen, always.

The 3-finger swipe gesture in the photo causes some strange behaviours
with apps that are running... the apps themselves try to interpret the
gesture, with sometimes comical results.

Off to report a bug...

Cheers,
Randall.