Re: ubuntu one

Just to add another point of view :)

I for one don't think google is an acceptable place to store things. So
google sync falls flat for me. However, I also don't think owncloud is.
I had to learn it the hard way and let it delete some important files
before I would believe it, but here I am, not using owncloud any more
either.

What does that leave me with?

Well, I still think Contacts/Calendar sync should be added in form of
generic CardDAV/CalDAV. This would, by the way, include Google and
owncloud for people who prefer those services.

Regarding files, I don't know... In my home I store things on a NAS
system, and mostly access it through NFS or sftp (depending whether that
share requires more performance or more security). As Rodney said,
syncing all of it to the phone is not an option. But turns out there's
only one use case I have which would be rather important: When I take a
photo with the camera it should end up on my NAS somehow. I don't even
need it the other way round. It's not that I would view all my pictures
on my phone. However, it should be possible to get to them when I need
certain files. Maybe the file manager needs to gain support for more
protocols like NFS/sftp etc? Or maybe dedicated content-hub plugins to
browse such shares?

Br,
Michael