Re: Cannot open messages in dekko

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El día Friday, April 15, 2016 a las 11:52:09AM +0200, Olivier Tilloy escribió:
>
>> Is it just me? I filed https://launchpad.net/bugs/1570774 to track the
>> issue, but I’m wondering whether there’s something corrupt on my
>> device, because I would expect other users would have reported the
>> issue already.
>>
>> Help/comments appreciated!
>
> I do not see this and I'm a heavy user of Dekko on E4.5 OTA-10.1;
>
> I would start by moving away the Dekko' dirs below ~phablet/.local
> ~phablet/.config and ~phablet7.cache to start from scratch with
> Dekko. Look into my booklet for the exact places.
>
> https://gurucubano.gitbooks.io/bq-aquaris-e-4-5-ubuntu-phone/content/en//chapter18.html

Thanks for the advice Matthias.
I moved the dekko folders under ~/.cache and ~/.local/share, and also
removed the QML cache for the app under ~/.cache/QML/Apps, but this
didn’t make a difference. I’ve seen numerous crashes at startup or
when opening my inbox while testing this, by the way (this in on the
latest rc-proposed image).

I then moved the configuration under ~/.config, which prompted me to
re-create my IMAP and SMTP configuration the next time I launched the
app. After doing that, I can now open messages in my inbox.

So it looks like somehow my account configuration was faulty.

I kept a copy of the old configuration, and comparing the files
side-by-side, I’m seeing some notable differences:

 * dekko.dekkoproject.conf: I used to have only one account of type
IMAP_SMTP, now I have two accounts, one of type IMAP and the other one
of type SMTP

 * mailboxConfig.json had references to two (?) accounts, the file is now empty

 * notifications.json had some configuration in it, it’s now empty

I’m keeping that old configuration around, if anyone familiar with
dekko’s configuration structure wants to help, I can provide it with
sensitive information obfuscated.

In any case, dekko is working for me again, thanks Dan and team for
this fantastic app!

Cheers,

 Olivier