Re: Libertine - user folders

Hi Stephen,

While it would be really great if *all* the apps were updated to scale
properly on all kind of screen resolutions, I am afraid that's not
something we can expect to happen.

What we could try is to use a similar technique as of gnome and scale
everything 2X, then use xrandr' scale+panning depending on the resolutions
of the device. This, in-return ensures crystal clear fonts and no tiny
looking widgets.

To counter something similar on my X1 Carbon(1080p) I have set Unity' scale
factor to 2X (if I set anything between 1 and 2, widgets don't scale) and
run this on startup:

  $ xrandr --output eDP1 --scale 1.25x1.25 --panning 2400x1350

That gave me the best working experience with Unity7 desktop, so I hope we
can use a similar technique for Apps running from Libertine container as
well.

Cheers!

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Stephen M. Webb <stephen.webb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx