Re: M10 Libertine

On 28.04.2016 19:52, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> On 16-04-28 01:28 PM, Christian Hahn wrote:
>>
>> What are the reasons to run each programm with it's own
>> Xmir-server, in it's own confinement? What do I have to do to just
>> start a Xmir-Server?
>
> X11 is an inherently insecure platform on which to run untrusted
> software.

And how does libertine help?

I can run with two X-apps open

$ DISPLAY=:0 libertine-launch puritine bash
inside_confinement_0 $ DISPLAY=:1 matchbox-keyboard

And the keyboard shows up in the second Xmir server.

I understand: insecure, untrusty stuff from the last century, but why
shouldn't this stuff run in one Xmir session.

> You can't just start an XMir instance either, because there are
> measures in place to prevent arbitrary programs from simply
> connecting to Mir

Understand. And do you know more about these measure?
I just want to tell upstart? or unity? that I'm trustworthy,
when I want to run Xmir.

Greeting
Christian