One week with the M10

And what a frustrating week it has been. I think I've discovered the rough edges and I'm not ready to let go of my laptop just yet. So here's a list of issues I've been dealing with:

1. Using my bluetooth keyboard with trackpad is a real pain as whenever I go to move the mouse cursor it immediately switches between several running apps, usually settling back on the scopes (my guess is that this is simply the price you pay for being tight and only spending £10 on a keyboard)

2. The setting to turn off the screen after x minutes says 'don't worry, this won't turn off when you are watching a video', however this apparently does not apply to youtube!

3. As we all now know youtube videos lose video/audio sync pretty much right away. Mine also kept briefly pausing and once in fullscreen (loaded in firefox) it apparently wasn't possible to back out to normal again.

4. On my keyboard at least escape does not work and neither does ALT + F4.

5. In desktop mode using the keyboard to delete emails it does not select the next email automatically, leaving you to click, delete, click, delete, click delete.

6. Facebook (firefox) can't back out of images displayed full screen.

Not a bad list really. None of it seems too difficult to deal with, but for now I'll be keeping one hand on my laptop.

Follow ups