Re: One week with the M10

On 04/30/2016 10:57 AM, Gareth France wrote:
> And what a frustrating week it has been. I think I've discovered the
> rough edges and I'm not ready to let go of my laptop just yet. So
> here's a list of issues I've been dealing with:
>
> 1. Using my bluetooth keyboard with trackpad is a real pain as
> whenever I go to move the mouse cursor it immediately switches between
> several running apps, usually settling back on the scopes (my guess is
> that this is simply the price you pay for being tight and only
> spending £10 on a keyboard)
>
> 2. The setting to turn off the screen after x minutes says 'don't
> worry, this won't turn off when you are watching a video', however
> this apparently does not apply to youtube!
>
>> Love this one :)  Always fun to read Gareth's emails.  Thanks for the
laugh!
> 3. As we all now know youtube videos lose video/audio sync pretty much
> right away. Mine also kept briefly pausing and once in fullscreen
> (loaded in firefox) it apparently wasn't possible to back out to
> normal again.
>
> 4. On my keyboard at least escape does not work and neither does ALT +
> F4.
>
> 5. In desktop mode using the keyboard to delete emails it does not
> select the next email automatically, leaving you to click, delete,
> click, delete, click delete.

A multi select is much needed.  Dekko is very nice but needs a few more
features.  My issue is that it is not linked into Contacts app and
doesn't provide notifications.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/dekko/+bug/1421923
Niklas has done some great work and won Ubucon 2015!
http://nikwen.github.io/ubuntu/2015/09/17/my-work-on-email-notifications.html

> 6. Facebook (firefox) can't back out of images displayed full screen.
>
> Not a bad list really. None of it seems too difficult to deal with,
> but for now I'll be keeping one hand on my laptop.

I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to OTA11.
~Will Atwood