Re: Porting a GNUstep application to the M10

hi,
Am Montag, den 16.05.2016, 17:35 -0500 schrieb Dale Amon:

> Now I have to set it up to use a font I can actually see as
> the default is giving teeny tiny print. I presume I can modify
> the internal debian-xterm desktop with switches specifying an
> appropriately enlarged font?

i use two hacks for the fonts ...
the first one will be auto-reverted with the next OTA (but i was
promised the XMir team works on a proper solution here)

make the system temporary writable:
sudo mount -o remount,rw /

edit the file /usr/bin/libertine-xmir and change the exec line to:

exec Xmir -dpi 144 -title @ $@

make the system readonly again:
sudo mount -o remount,ro /

that helps in a general manner, note that the 144 work for the FHD
version of the tablet, the lower resolution HD version will need a
different value ...

what i also use in my debian-xterm.desktop file inside the container is
the following "Exec" line to specifically set the Ubuntu font at 10px:

Exec=xterm -fa "Ubuntu" -fs 10 -bg "#1f1f1f" -fg "#dcdccc"

ciao
	oli