Re: sip softphone

El día Saturday, May 28, 2016 a las 09:43:16AM +0100, Barry escribió:

> On 27/05/16 21:25, Roberto Resoli wrote:
> > Ring is really interesting, thanks. I appreciate the philosophy and
> > the fact it is developed by SFL. I use the desktop SIP client SFLPhone
> > everyday at work, and it works really well. rob
>
> Hi ....   Can you let us have a click package of any one of the sip
> softphones for the Ubuntu phone please?

Hello,

I have ported already baresip to the chroot environment in my BQ E4.5,
and it starts, i.e. the port itself is no problem and the shared libs
required by baresip are there. I could as well made a click of it: a
click on some icon in the Unity would bring up the terminal-app and
automagically a launched baresip application in it (baresip is just a
terminal application, and you dial with 'dial foo@sip-addr.domain').
I have done the same already form the MUA mutt, a terminal based
application as well. Works fine.

The essential step before is get to know how to access the audio device
from such an application. Video would perhaps be a no-go because there is some
driver for X11, but not for Mir. Or maybe a libertine container could be
used. This is all to investigate and once I could have made a SIP call
from within the chrooted env, building a click is no big issues.

Someone from Canonical could say something about how to access audio
devices? In FreeBSD you would use devices like /dev/dsp0.0 ...

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Die Verkaufsschlager des Buchmarkts geben Auskunft über den Zustand einer Gesellschaft bzw.