Re: sip softphone

> The essential step before is get to know how to access the audio device
> from such an application. Video would perhaps be a no-go because there is
> some
> driver for X11, but not for Mir. Or maybe a libertine container could be
> used. This is all to investigate and once I could have made a SIP call
> from within the chrooted env, building a click is no big issues.
>
> Someone from Canonical could say something about how to access audio
> devices? In FreeBSD you would use devices like /dev/dsp0.0 ...
>
> You should probably use pulseaudio. The pulseaudio devices are visible in
a chroot if you mount a couple of directories from the host. I am running a
mate-session in a chroot and sound works without further configuration.
Unfortunately, baresip doesn't appear to have pulseaudio drivers. However,
it does include alsa drivers and these should be able to talk to
pulseaudio.

Regards,
Reiner