Re: General performance

On Wed, 2016-06-22 at 11:27 +0200, Krzysztof Tataradziński wrote:
> Thanks Michael for your answer. As far as I know, Android is some
> kind of open source project, yes? So is it not that simple to take
> their piece of code responsible for optimization, adjust it to UT and
> done?

Android and Ubuntu Touch are not the same code, there is little
relation between the code on Android and Ubuntu, so there is no chance
you can simply take the 'piece of code responsible for optimization'.

Furthermore, optimisation is not a 'piece of code' but a process of
profiling your code to find out what parts are performing poorly
(called bottlenecks) and then trying to rework that code to perform
faster. It is a gradual process that is highly specific to each
project. Definitely not some kind of component that can simply be
copied from another project.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/159509

Oliver just posted a link for an existing bug for this one, so I've
marked as duplicate. Unless you think they are different?