Migrating rootfs from /data/ubuntu.img to actual /system partition

Hello,

I've ported Ubuntu Touch to LG L90 Dual since last year. From the beginning, I've left the rootfs in /data/ubuntu.img as I don't know about systempart kernel command line.

Now, my device has a few users and has the image on UBPort's system-image server. I want to migrate the rootfs from /data/ubuntu.img to /system partition without losing any data. Simply putting "systempart=/dev/disk/....." in new update will not works as Ubuntu rootfs isn't applied to the partition by the time new boot.img is flashed (It'll be flashed by old recovery image).

My current plan is to modify Ubuntu's initrd to see if rootfs is flashed to /system partition, and then select the right method. For actual migrating, I'll modify system-image-upgrader to do actual migration next time the update is installed. Anybody have better plan?

Ratchanan Srirattanamet

Follow ups