Re: Why UT is not ready

I used to write about the same issues a few weeks ago. I'm glad it is not only my point of view. The worst thing is Canonical doesn't keep it's marketing promises. This system is still in beta phase for me and at some points even alpha.

  Am Sa., 9. Juli 2016 um 13:49 hat Oliver Grawert<ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> Folgendes geschrieben:   hi,
Am Samstag, den 09.07.2016, 13:17 +0200 schrieb
linuxgehtned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Think on it when you say it is ready for all. It is not really. It's
> only
> for developers or enthusiasts but really not for ALL. Will some of
> this
> points change this year? Or until the end of the second year on the
> market
> three months later?
>
> The marketing should really slow down its messages of readyness.
can you point to a press release, announcement or mail where it has
been claimed that it is ready for everyone ?

>  I think
> you need at least 50% more developers to not sleep against Android.
> With
> this not acceptable problems for a too long period then in some
> months.
> Please take a new developer to speed this biggest problems up.

don't hold back, the code is out there, help fixing the issues you see,
i am pretty sure nobody will turn down any patches if they fix problems
;)

as you noticed, there is only so much manpower, but you can help to
speed it up if you don't want to wait ...

ciao
    oli--
Post to    : ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx