Re: Pokemon Go

On 15/07/16 14:02, Dave Morley wrote:
Alan your logic seems to be flawed, I get gps on google maps in the
no no no. Google maps is fine, always. It subscribes to updates. This is about things that do *not* subscribe to updates, things that just want to know where you are.
For example
https://www.where-am-i.net/
and a ton of sites that just want to know where you are for things like this https://www.aldi.co.uk/store-finder they are not doing navigation, they are not presenting you on a map as a moving dot. They just want a single latlng and then they are done, but location services hands out junk, and doesn't wake up the GPS so you can refresh forever and nothing will update, and there is no indication that your GPS is still fast asleep. You have to go to google maps, wait for it to get a dot at your location, then go back to your location aware thing and refresh to let it know where you actually are.

browser, as do I in here maps web app and unav, so the issue is why you
don't.  There is an old bug for location on mtk chips which basically
means the system doesn't know the status of the gps hardware a reboot
fixes that, but that only tend to happen on first boots after upgrades
or fresh flashes.

This might be the cause of some of your issues maybe.
nope.