Re: Should App updates be passed to the download manager?

> The updates panel isn't doing that, as I understand. It listens for the
> finished signal and then runs pkcon internally. Unless of course that's
> changed very recently (though I suspect not).

​​
Okay, if that's the case, then that's about to change. We're passing a
pkcon command in a Metadata of a SingleDownload.

> Also, I think it internally runs the updates in sequence, and doesn't
> just send them all to udm, even when one hits update all. I'm not 100%
> sure on that, but I think that is the case.

​Well, it should, if the user asks for it. That's also about to change, if
it does not already do that.

This is in *silo 27* and the USS MP is here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~jonas-drange/ubuntu-system-settings/updates-rewrite/+merge/301565

Jonas​