Re: Should App updates be passed to the download manager?

On Tue, 2016-08-02 at 16:26 +0200, Jonas Drange wrote:
> > The updates panel isn't doing that, as I understand. It listens for
> > the
> > finished signal and then runs pkcon internally. Unless of course
> > that's
> > changed very recently (though I suspect not).
>
> Okay, if that's the case, then that's about to change. We're passing
> a pkcon command in a Metadata of a SingleDownload.

This really should have a hard dependency on unity-scope-click, and
instead of using pkcon directly, should run the install-helper script
from the click scope.

Maybe the part I was thinking of was that the updates panel does the
scope refresh based on a signal, but it does pass pkcon to udm.
Dropping that signal handling from the code, and just relying on the
script from the click scope would be a nice win there.