Re: E4.5 bricked, won't boot

Ahoi pat,

not so hard for the first shot. ;)

Am 02.08.2016 um 23:55 schrieb Pat McGowan:
> For example, go into recovery and do
>
> ubuntu-device-flash touch
> --channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en --bootstrap
> --recovery-image recovery-krillin.img
>
> This will of course wipe all your user data

In most cases it is not necessary to wipe user data - me and others did
often flash and never had to delete user data. Updates don't touch
really user data. On Ubuntu on computer they do NEVER.

And it is save to test it without wiping: To do so DON'T use Option
--bootstrap in above command (and no --wipe). This prevent deletion of
your data and settings. When it work - fine. When not - try again with
--bootstrap.

(You can save your data bevor from recovery mode with another recovery
image like above - it must have ADB activated to use ADB oder maybe SSH
to save some files/ settings. It's not too simple but it is simple to
prevent deletion of user data by above change of the command.)

Am 02.08.2016 um 22:36 schrieb Guillaume F:
> a still picture with a battery and an hourglass.

Your accu is down, load it, really.

Greetings, Benno-007