Re: OS and apps can't update

On 29 August 2016 at 10:53, Simplehuman <doityourselfteam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Problem is found and fixed. It was in ~./local/share/ubuntu-system-settings
> folder. Somehow normal structure of this folder messed up.

​What did you do with this folder to correct the problem?​

> Normally, there must be 1 file "updatestore.db" but when it broke there
> were no such file, only an empty folder "Pictures". (???)

​The “Pictures” folder is created by the Background panel, so that's
completely normal. The updatestore.db is a very recent file, and it's
absence should not affect the system image update at all.​

> How can it be possible? Manual intervention is excluded. I didn't even
> open hidden folders for weeks, I didn't make my system folder RW, etc.

​updatestore.db does not exist on <= OTA12, and even just visiting the
Background panel will give you a …/Pictures folder.

Thanks for feeding back your findings, could you also mention this in the
bug?

BR, Jonas