Re: [Bileto-announce] ANNOUNCEMENT: Bileto no longer blocks on no-change rebuilds

On 31/08/2016 04:50, Robert Park wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In addition to the big git announcement earlier, here's a small
> behavioral change to make your lives easier:
[...]

Thanks Robert for this! That was indeed one of the annoying things and
it's great to see that it's gone!

My second biggest issue (if you are accepting feature requests :-) ) is
this one: sometimes builds stop working because of tests starting to
fail (for instance, it happened with the new Qt 5.6 for a couple of
packages of mine), or sometimes tests were always flaky and we suddenly
decided to fix them for good.

In other words, it happens quite often to me to propose merges which
affects tests only (no code changes to any installed files), and getting
these changes in is IMHO unnecessarily hard.

Would it be possible for landers to set a flag on a silo, meaning "this
brings no changes to the resulting packages" which lets us bypass any QA
(both human and automatic, as Britney can also takes some several days
to complete)?

Of course, this involves some trust, but it's also easy to find cases
where this flag was abused and we should be able to correct the
misbehaviour.

WDYT?

Ciao,
  Alberto