Re: Canonical branded phone?

Well I am not quite that pessimistic Bob,

I am just saying if no oems are doing a new Ubuntu phone any time soon, you
would need a relatively current reference device that is stable. Just to
tide every one over till that time does come again. Say an N5 or N6. I
congratulate you on getting your hands on an MX5. I was just a week too
late on that one. Completely surprised at such a limited run. I would take
it of your hands if you' re ditching it :)

It wasn’t my intention to bash the project to death at all. I do actually
believe in the possibility of breaking into the status quo. If the
proposition is good enough. And I still believe UT can be that. I recently
did a live head-to-head on comparison with a hp windows continuum phone.
And Ubuntu won on some major points hands down. Convergence is pretty awsum
already and the design is as good as any phone I have owned.

But i think Canonical can't afford to lose the base of users it has now. So
they need a reliable device coming from somewhere.