Re: Ackkk! The world is ending!!!

I don't agree... in this case I think it's

a) not surprising the media is picking up "EVERY tidbit of information"... because information is kinda thin on the ground.

&

b) click bait or not... people already interpreted the lack of information as the quiet death of the project, mainly because they don't understand the scope of the project at all... so having some information can only make things better, or do nothign.

&

c) Isn't it better that the people inside the community actually have some idea what's going on... managing expectations is key to keeping people (and developers) happy... someone might choose to purchase an Android phone sooner rather than later, so that after 18.04 LTS they can purchase whatever new shiny Ubuntu developer phone is on the market at that point... and in the mean time they aren't being feeling let down by Canonical, and perhaps they will help with Unity8 on the desktop....

There's some mixed opinion, but I think the tone of this list was lifted quite significantly just quite a small amount of information.

James