Re: Ubuntu Touch OTA-14 released

On 2017-01-09 15:27, Paul Tait wrote:
On Sunday, 8 January 2017 19:04:56 GMT, Gareth France wrote:

Issues with bluetooth are already well documented. Unfortunately they
are unlikely to get addressed soon as ubuntu touch as we know it will be
retired in favour of the snap based system. We should see much greater
momentum after the switch.

Unfortunately that isn't going to do him/her any good. The Aquaris E4.5
won't support the snap based system and so all support has basically ended.
Any current bugs are likely to remain permanent.

I also doubt we're going to see any momentum on anything phone specific
again.

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device

I'd tread carefully with those comments if I were you. After the storm we've just seen they could ignite another round. I don't think it's fair to say we won't see phone specific momemtum again. Of course we will, but on a much broader system alongside features which benefit all platforms.I'm sure development will weave back and forth between them as needed.

Also nobody has said support on the existing system has ended. It is limited and there will be no new features but language like this may just cause a stampede!