Re: Battery statistics and flashing bricks

On Sat, 2017-01-14 at 14:49 +0100, Guillaume F wrote:
> (with the exception of my very first full discharge,
> which went quite normally). So the hardware doesn't seem to be the
> problem here and I probably can't be accused of mistreating my
> battery :).

Everything I've ever heard about Li-ion batteries suggests that a full
discharge damages the battery and reduces its life expectancy. I've
seen recommendations not to allow the battery to go below 20%, and
other suggestions to aim to keep the battery in the range of 40-80%
(possibly with an occassional 100% charge).

On my Nexus 4, most of the time, the battery works well for me. I've
had the very rare occurrence, that the battery drops 50% in a few hours
when I've not even been using it, but in general it is not a problem.
One thing you mentioned was WiFi, which I never use and always have
disabled (using mobile data instead), so that's a possible difference.