Re: BQ E4.5 OTA-14: Dekko && account

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 19:50:30 +0100, Tom Rausner wrote:
> Hi Guillaume et all
>
> On fredag den 27. januar 2017 18.13.16 CET, Guillaume F
> <marsguo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Please, read the article and not just the title. It says that
>> Dekko is undergoing a major overhaul, moving to snaps and so on.
>> Joey published another article along with the one you mention
>> explaining how to install the latest development version of
>> Dekko (which is great, as far as I can tell after a few hours
>> playing with it).
>>
>> I agree that the title is misleading. Maybe something like
>> "Dekko Will Get "No Further Updates" on Phone" would have been
>> more appropriate? Because Dekko is getting further updates, only
>> not in the click package format.
>>

>> Guillaume
>>

> As I understood the conversation we were talking about Dekko ON THE PHONE
> in other words as 'click'. And THAT is not being continued -right?
>
> By the way I DID read the article. My fault was just asuming to mouch on
> others behalf... sorry.
>
> Tom

Yes, maybe I didn't understand that we were talking about the phone only… But the choice of words "no longer being developed" will be read by most people as "the app is abandonned" when it's only a matter of packaging. If in the coming months/years, Ubuntu were to stop building 32bits images and only go for 64bit, would we read something like "Canonical is ditching Ubuntu"? I know it's not exactly the same thing, but I hope you get my point.

Sorry if I assumed you did not read the article. As you may have seen in the commentaries, many people didn't and stopped at the title. Why put a comment on an article that you don't read… well, that's beyond me, but many people do. And it has probably been a problem for Joey since he's closed comments and changed the title (the new one is better IMHO). I hope people have been nicer to him than last time, for his work is really important…

Anyway, sorry if you felt I was snapping at you!

Have a nice day!

Guillaume

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device