Re: Ubuntu phone onscreen keyboard bug

Am Sonntag, den 26.03.2017, 20:27 +0200 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> El día domingo, marzo 26, 2017 a las 07:35:11p. m. +0200, advocatux
> escribió:
>
> > El 26/03/17 a las 10:55, Olivier Tilloy escribió:
> > > [---snip--]
> > > I’m also affected. It’s not just the numpad, it’s also the
> > > alphabetical keyboard in all applications. I’ve gotten really
> > > good at
> > > hitting the right keys without seeing them… Is that a known bug?

> > Hi Olivier,
> >
> > After playing blind man's buff with my phone for a while too, I set
> > the
> > lock security to slide, test it, and then back to put a 4 digits
> > code again.
> >
> > So far so good, it's working fine now, but I don't know the root
> > cause
> > of this annoying bug.
> >

> Does this mean that this switch repaired as well the OSK in other
> apps,
> or is is still not working or was never broken for you.
>
> Could you please all spend the time to describe:
>
> - what is not working

For me, the keyboard keys are flickering (all of them together;
sometimes there, sometimes not, within seconds; keys reappear when I
start press anywhere again)

> - what is still working

For me, the keyboard at least still appears.

> - what is again working after some change

The proposed change to disable and re-enable unlock-pin didn't help,
the issue is still there.

> - all other visible side effects (like the flickering in some other
>   mail).

1) In Terminal App, the "Show Keyboard" Button is visible when the keys
are not. (The Keyboard itself is visible as a white box.)
But it doesn't (re-)trigger the keyboard, instead the backspace button
is triggerd as both buttons share the same location (at least they are
near to each other^^)

2) When trying to re-enable unlock security PIN, the keys are initially
  visible but when the keys disappear then, the (empty, white) keyboard
box is smaller. (I've attached a screenshot.)

(btw, as described above, flickering is me :D)

--
Visit me:
https://twitter.com/criztovyl