Re: E4.5 Touch-screen problems

El día martes, agosto 28, 2018 a las 01:28:35p. m. +0200, RB escribió:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Be careful sending it to BQ. My E4.5 had a screen going off (glue came off) a year ago. I sent to BQ (there was even a three year warranty still) but instead of repairing it they said repair is not possible, E4.5 not available anymore and they sent me a BQ U Lite replacement phone. Since then I haven't had a UT phone. :(

Hi,

I called bq.com to initiate a repair and they asked me to try first some
'factory reset'. As this was not possible to initiate from the power and
vol-+ buttons, I ssh'ed into the brick and run something like:

$ qdbus --system com.canonical.SystemImage /Service FactoryReset

(I say 'something' because this gave some error about missing qt5/bin/qdbus
and I used at the end qt4/bin/qdbus directly)

This reset the device to factory state and started after boot the first-time
configuration dialogue... The touchscreen does not allow to walk
through, i.e. it proofed that the problem is hardware related. Now I
can't even connect anymore by SSH. End of the story. The device must be
repaired or send to dustbin.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
13. August 2018: Ich würde gern einen AUSREISEANTRAG stellen.