ubuntu-push-devs team mailing list archive

Re: status?

An app developer has control over "Any service" and "whatever app"

That is, the "3rd party server" (lets give it a better name than "any
service") calls the "Push Server" (which we own and run, no 3rd party code)
and delivers the notification for the device. Then we move that
notification from our server to the device however we like and then the
"Push Daemon" (same thing, owned by us) delivers the notification to the
app which can decide to do whatever it wants with it.

So to build the friends notification part you would require a service
running "in the cloud" that has all the credentials and polls all the other
services. When it finds something interesting it then delivers it to the
"Push Server", and we take over until it gets to the app.

I would prefer to avoid polling, but if there's no way to get notifications
from the base services, then there's not much we can do. is it? At least we
are not doing it from the mobile.

Lucio.