ubuntu-push-devs team mailing list archive

Re: status?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Lucio Torre <lucio.torre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> That is, the "3rd party server" (lets give it a better name than "any
> service") calls the "Push Server" (which we own and run, no 3rd party code)
> and delivers the notification for the device. Then we move that
> notification from our server to the device however we like and then the
> "Push Daemon" (same thing, owned by us) delivers the notification to the
> app which can decide to do whatever it wants with it.
>

> Some clarification that might make sense: In this context when i said "we"
i meant the Push Notification Platform, and the friends app and service are
3rd party developers. I phrased it like that because in my mind we need to
have a clear separation between the service and its consumers and we should
expose the same api to all users of the service.

Lucio.