ubuntu-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu tablet

I thought the most popular Android tablet at the moment is the Samsung
Galaxy Tab? I'm working from memory only at the moment, so don't hang me on
that.

But that is not the point. The point is support/development from either the
community or Canonical. Is either one prepared to put massive work into the
development of drivers for the hardware to have the same hardware
acceleration as Android? Because I don't see nVidia willing to create
*good* drivers. Besides I think we should still be aiming towards
open-source software in contrast to proprietary.

If those OMAP ones are preferred in that way, then I would be in.

Can't really think at the moment so I'll stop here.

With metta, Chris