Re: [Facebook] Online Accounts integration

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 14:35 +0200, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> On 03/11/2013 02:26 PM, David Kedves wrote:
> > But the question is here now: which one should be used?
> >   [1] friends-qml or this accounts-qml ?
>
> Use friends-qml: it internally uses accounts-qml, and does all the
> account handling for you.
>
> About the other question:
> > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM, David Planella
> > <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> >
> >     Al 10/03/13 11:40, En/na Hugo Lima ha escrit:
> >     > Hi all,
> >     >
> >     > I'm trying to integrate the online-accounts QML module from
> >     > https://code.launchpad.net/~online-accounts/accounts-qml-module, with
> >     > the Facebook app, and I'm having a blocking issue... How can we ask
> >     > the online-accounts framework for a new account, from QML ?
>
> At the moment, there is no way to do that. But design is working on
> defining how that should work (whether applications should be able to
> request a new account or simply redirect the user to the system
> settings) and based on that we'll see how to proceed.

We'll have to see what design comes up with, but I would suspect we
would want to raise some common accounts interface to prompt the user.
I don't think app developers should worry about providing an interface
for adding new accounts, just a way to direct the user to add an
account.