Re: [Merge] lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist into lp:ubuntu-rssreader-app

Al 12/03/13 14:29, En/na Joey Chan ha escrit:
> Hi Roman,
>
> My solution mentioned in previous email can store xml content for
> offline mode(no image yet), but offline mode needs a network module and
> a database module which should be done first.
>
> I doubt that the assigned work items are "reasonable", and other members
> are actually working for their items ?
> That's the reason I feel chaos  :(

Hi Joey,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

In terms of the work items, as far as I'm aware, they were discussed in
last week's meeting and assigned to those who were interested in working
on them.

If you feel that the current list does not reflect the work needed for
implementing the RSS reader app, I'd encourage you to propose new ones
or add those you feel you'd be interested to work on to the blueprint [1]

In terms of communication, this is a completely open project, and we've
set up all of the resources and provided guidance on the practices to be
able to run it in such a way: public mailing list, public IRC meeting,
community participation in design, public specification on the wiki,
public blueprints, bugtracker, open source code... These resources and
collaboration between members should provide the right tools for each
team to communicate, collaborate and write code in a distributed manner,
so I'd encourage to use them for discussion, planning and also
cross-collaboration between core app teams.

We're well aware that as in many other parts of Ubuntu all contributors
are volunteers who are donating their time to the project, and so far,
everyone has been awesome (I myself get really excited every time I see
a new branch or merge proposal for a core app, or a cool video or
screenshot showing the latest features!).

With this what I'm trying to say is that while we're using the regular
meetings to discuss the next steps in each app, and for doing
checkpoints on the current status, I know not everyone can attend the
meetings due to other real life commitments, which is absolutely fine.
For those who cannot make it to the meetings, and to all team members,
I'd encourage you to be proactive in using this mailing list to share
updates and setting the direction of your app.

Regarding the RSS reader app, I'd recommend looking at the numerous
mockups and wireframes on Balsamiq, and pick the best ones or improve on
them:

  https://ubuntu.mybalsamiq.com/projects/ubuntuphonecoreapps/grid

I did that for the Facebook app [1] last week, and it might be a good
idea for the RSS reader team to populate the wiki page with some of the
designs from Balsamiq:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps/RSSReader

Joey, you're mentioning you've been working on a document for the tasks
related to the RSS Reader, and seeing this kind of initiative is exactly
what I'm talking about. Inline with the practices on transparency for
the project, I think it'd be good to share it with everyone. Would you
mind either copying it to the RSSReader wiki or adding a link to it
there? Thanks.

And again, thanks everyone for your great work so far, it's been really
rewarding, given the recent turmoil in other parts of Ubuntu, to show
off the great progress on a project in which the community is really
leading. You all rock.

Cheers,
David.

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+spec/initial-rssreader-development
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps/Facebook
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps/RSSReader

> [...]
>         > > >
>         > > >
>         > > > 2013/3/11 David Planella <mrqtros@xxxxxxxxx
>         <mailto:mrqtros@xxxxxxxxx>>
>         > > >
>         > > > > I'd recommend #1. Roman, can you or someone from the
>         team change the
>         > > > > global status of the merge proposal to "Approved"?
>         > > > >
>         > > > > This will let Jenkins take care of landing the branch in
>         trunk. I
>         > would
>         > > > > suggest someone else from the RSS team do it, since,
>         while possible
>         > in
>         > > > > terms of permissions, it is not really good practice to
>         review and
>         > > > approve
>         > > > > one's own merge proposals, as it defeats the purpose of
>         the review
>         > > > process.
>         > > > > --
>         > > > >
>         > > > >
>         > > >
>         > >
>         >
>         https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist/+merge/152463
>         > > > > You are the owner of
>         lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist.
>         > > > >
>         > > >
>         > > > --
>         > > >
>         > > >
>         > >
>         >
>         https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist/+merge/152463
>         > > > Your team Ubuntu RSS Feed Reader Developers is subscribed
>         to branch
>         > > > lp:ubuntu-rssreader-app.
>         > > >
>         > >
>         > > --
>         > >
>         > >
>         >
>         https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist/+merge/152463
>         > > You are the owner of lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist.
>         > >
>         >
>         > --
>         >
>         >
>         https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist/+merge/152463
>         > Your team Ubuntu RSS Feed Reader Developers is subscribed to
>         branch
>         > lp:ubuntu-rssreader-app.
>         >

>         --
>         https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist/+merge/152463
>
>         You are the owner of lp:~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist.
>

>         https://code.launchpad.net/~mrqtros/ubuntu-rssreader-app/feedlist/+merge/152463
>         Your team Ubuntu RSS Feed Reader Developers is subscribed to

Ubuntu App Development Liaison
http://gplus.to/dplanella / @dplanella
www.ubuntu.com / www.davidplanella.org