Re: [Design] Alarm API: powering up the device

I think as regards flight mode itself, some users in one thread I linked to reported problems with the iPhone on Flight mode interrupting the alarm functionality.

I think Dalius meant the problem with having an auto alarm was when someone had turned phone off before boarding a plane, and halfway into a long flight the phone may turn on automatically for the alarm feature, waking everyone up.