Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [RSS Reader] Index0 and 1?

Great questions Roman! Let me try to reply.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Roman Shchekin <mrqtros@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lisette, as you correctly noted - it's "a great start", and only :)
> Of course you can see a lot of differences between my realization and your
> mockups, but
>
> 1. How notification must look? Can I use popovers for that purpose?

When we have search functionality (see question 4), we can simply display
'No results'. For the moment, we could indeed try using a popover. How
about something like this:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ZePTRp2C_JRW5GZXFXeFdYY2M/edit?usp=sharing

2. So, all feeds require topic? As you can see I've implemented "No topic"
> special section, I think such functionality may be usable

Yes, all feeds need to belong to a topic for this structure to work. In
theory, we could have some sort of default topic, but I am not sure how
useful it would be. An interesting question would be how this would work if
we imported feed subscriptions from other apps?

3. One topic may contain o lot of feeds. But can one feed be attached to
> many topics simultaneously?

Feeds from all topics are already displayed in 'Shorts', so I don't think
it is useful to show the same articles in more than one topic.

> 4. Where we can get data for "Search results" and "Popular" lists?

Re search results: users should be able to type in a word to search for
feeds, as well as typing a feed url. So if I type 'design' I would get a
list of feeds related to design. Is this difficult to implement?

It would be great if 'Popular' would show feeds that are popular in the
Shorts app (once a lot of people are using this amazing app!). I guess it
might be a bit more tricky than that, because we probably would want to
filter any adult material out of this list... What are our options here? Do
feeds come with a built-in adult flag? We can live without the 'Popular'
suggestions, although they would be great for users that don't understand
RSS.