Re: Approval conflict

El dj 17 de 12 de 2009 a les 19:49 +0700, en/na Jeroen Vermeulen va
escriure:
> David Planella wrote:
>
> > I guess we should:
> >
> >      1. Decide what the best name is: 'pam' (as in the upstream project)
> >         or 'linux-pam' (as the POT file and the translation domain)
> >      A. If we decide 'pam' is the best name:
> >               * Disable the 'pam' Lucid template (has no translations)
> >                 and rename the Lucid 'linux-pam' to 'pam'
> >      B. If we decide 'linux-pam' is the best name:
> >              1. Disable the 'pam' Lucid template
> >              2. Rename the 'pam' hardy, intrepid, jaunty and karmic
> >                 templates to 'linux-pam'
> >
> > Jeroen would this approach be correct?
>
> It looks right to me.  The renaming is a nice touch; any rename will
> leave us with some weirdness when it comes to sharing (we'll have
> msgidsd shared between templates that don't look like they should be
> sharing) but I'd say this gives us the best way forward.

After having talked with Danilo about this, I understand that if we
consistently manually rename templates throughout series, this will not
affect message sharing in this particular case.

So I guess the first thing to do is to agree on a name for this
template, 'pam' or 'linux-pam'?

If no suggestions come forward, I'll just pick 'linux-pam', since it is
the same name as the domain, it is the one that contains the
translations in Lucid and UTCs can rename the other series straight
away.

So if that is the case, I'll just have to:

     1. Disable the 'pam' Lucid template
     2. Rename the 'pam' template to 'linux-pam' for hardy, intrepid,
        jaunty and karmic

Jeroen or Danilo, is there a way you could do 1. for us, as with the
current permissions this is not possible in Lucid?

> > Due to this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/497438 I cannot
> > (and I guess none of the UTCs can) administer the template, though.
>
> That's strange; I thought rosetta-admins could see those pages, but I
> can't.  I may well be to blame, actually.  How much of a problem is this
> for you?

This basically means that we cannot administer the templates before
translations are open, which limits in the sense that we cannot do such
things as renaming or disabling templates.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella