Re: Need approval for telugu under ubuntu-translators

El dv 01 de 01 de 2010 a les 19:49 +0530, en/na Praveen Garlapati va
escriure:

> [...]
>
>         Before considering the Telugu team for inclusion to the
>         ubuntu-translators group, we'd like to make sure that:
>
>              * The Telugu team has a coordinator
>
> <Praveen> Sure, I will be the coordinator.
>
>              * This coordinator should be subscribed to the
>         ubuntu-translators
>                mailing list

> <Praveen> Done. I am subscribed to the mailing list.
>

>              * The team in Launchpad should be named 'ubuntu-l10n-te'
>         instead
>                of 'ubuntutelugutranslators'
>
> <Praveen> I have the admin rights for the ubuntu-l10n-te group now.
> Please include this group instead.
>

>              * The team in Launchpad should have a Moderated or
>         Restricted
>                subscription policy. Only this way you can ensure the
>         quality of
>                translations and make sure that upstream translations
>         are not
>                modified for no good reason.
>
> <Praveen> Done.
>

>              * There should be some form of communication between the
>         members
>                of the Telugu translation team (e.g. mailing list,
>         forum, irc,
>                etc)
>
> <Praveen> I have requested for a mailing list and its now available
> (https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-te)
>

>              * We recommend the use of translation guidelines. For
>         more
>                information see
>                https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/Guidelines
>
> <Praveen> I will create a specific language guidelines soon.
>

>              * The team should be aware of other upstream translation
>         efforts
>                and coordinate with them whenever possible. For Telugu
>         I see
>                that there is a translation team for GNOME already
>                (http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/te) and a Telugu
>         subproject at
>                http://www.indlinux.org/
>
> <Praveen> Sure. Will do.
>

>         Do you think you could have a look at these points and comment
>         (or act)
>         on each one of them before we can add your team to
>         ubuntu-translators?
>
>         For any other questions, please feel free to contact us and
>         we'll be
>         happy to answer them or help you in any way we can.
>
>         Thanks!
>
>         Regards,
>         David.
>
>         --
>         David Planella
>         Ubuntu Translations Coordinator
>         david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com
>         www.ubuntu.com
>

> Hi David,
>
> Apologize for the delay in reply to your mail.
> I noticed that there is already a group ubuntu-l10n-te and it took me
> some time to get myself the admin rights to it.
>
> I have the rights now and we can proceed further on the inclusion.
>
> Please find inline the answers to all the queries.
>
> Let me know if I need to provide any further information.

Hi Praveen,

Thanks a lot for addressing all the points. There are only two pending
issues, and it would be great if you could take a look at them:

      * Could you please request the deletion of the
        ~ubuntutelugutranslators team by filing a support request at
        https://launchpad.net/launchpad/+addquestion ? If the team is no
        longer used, there is no point in having it in Launchpad, and
        might confuse contributors
      * Although you've done the right thing, Launchpad mailing lists
        should generally not be used for Ubuntu teams (*). I'd recommend
        creating a translation team mailing list named
        'ubuntu-l10n-te(at)lists(dot)ubuntu(dot)com' by sending a
        request per e-mail to 'rt(at)ubuntu(dot)com'. Please let us know
        when you've done that and I'll take care of requesting the
        deletion of the other Launchpad mailing list.

Regards,
David.

(*) The most important reason for translation teams being, that we
encourage a model with a few reviewers (i.e. the members of the
moderated team) and many translators (i.e. those who can only submit
suggestions). Launchpad mailing lists only allow members of the team as
subscribers, which would leave all non-member translators out of the
mailing list