Re: Can we promote ubuntu-translation project via UWN and FullCircle?

2010/1/4 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> What do you guys think about Aron's suggestion?
>
> We've talked about this in the past, and while I think it might be a
> good idea, we should think well what we would want to use it for, so
> that we can use it effectively and we don't e.g. run out of content.
>
> Some things that come to my mind:
>
> Announcements
> Meeting minutes
> Interviews with Ubuntu translation team leads or translators
>
> Note, though, that even if we do not have a team blog, we can do all
> this already on our personal blogs: we are all Ubuntu members and can
> post to the planet, and we can also post announcements and such to the
> Fridge.

I agree with David: even if we don't have a team blog we can already
do that, even if having an official team blog will give the
announcements another aspect, but that shouldn't be a blocking.

One cool thing could be to post the meeting minutes to the mailing
list rather than to a blog (if it's not a team blog). The Fridge would
be a good alternative, but I'll tend to post a short notice there,
rather than the entire minutes.

I tend to think of the mailing list as the "official" channel for
translators news and announcements.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>